We're just coming off the annual meeting in Chicago, and while I had to attend via Skype, I think lots got done:
1. A finalized vision statement, for OLGA/OLGAnon World Services, Inc.
2. Greater fiscal transparency and accountability.
3. A new Board of Directors, which I am pleased to Chair.
4. Discussions of ongoing and improved support for new and existing face-to-face meetings.
5. A new vision for literature development.
6. Beginning work on charitable registration in Canada, making us a truly international organization.
Remember, we do not "lead" in the traditional sense of the word; we are servants, who can only work effectively for the improvement of OLGA/OLGAnon World Services and this virtual community with your feedback and ongoing support.
Like never before, we need those who are able in these challenging times to consider donating to the day-to-day work of the World Services organization via the DONATE button at the top of this page. Your money will go a long way toward advancing the creation of face-to-face meetings, printing new literature, paying an accountant to audit our books annually, and hiring a Canadian tax attorney to help with the registration process with the Province of Ontario and the Canada Revenue Agency.
In the year to come, I hope to hear from any and all of you who have taken time out of their day to read this minor epistle. OLGA/OLGAnon World Services is about helping gamers and their loved ones heal from the impact of excessive gaming. But as I suggested above, we need your feedback and support.
Thanks for your ongoing kindness and encouragement.
Yours in recovery,
President, OLGA-OLGAnon World Services
The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions.
-Alfred Lord Tennyson